Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hair cut and the Res

Ashlyn decided that she wanted her hair cut. I'm sure her decision has to do with a few of her school friends recent new hair dos. She has been growing it our (like Rapunzel) for about two years now. I have to admit that I am a little sad to see her long hair cut but I think it will be best. EVERY, and I mean EVERY day it is a fight to do her hair. She doesn't want me to fix and would rather leave it down or in a pony tail. I always fight with her to let me do it since I'm not home everyday and I can image how it looks when Dominic gets her off to school. I'm sure the moms and her teacher can tell when I am at work. She I took her in today after I got my hair done and let her get it cut.

Here she is with the last glimpse of the long hair
the finished product. She was so happy with it and it does look really cute. After she got her hair cut I realized it will be for the best since Dominic will be getting her off to school mainly once she starts 1st grade. I guess she will have to have short hair until I graduate the nursing program.
After we got done at the hair salon, we decided to make a little trip out to the Reservoir.
The water was a little cold at first but once you got use to it, it felt nice.
Kamden is finally getting use to the water and ventured out into it more today than he ever has.
I love when I get a picture of the both of them being nice to each other, and better yet, this was Ashlyn's idea.
It is always so nice to be able to spend time with each other as a family. It happens too infrequently with our crazy lives. Someday it will slow down, right?????


I ALMOST FORGOT! My dear Kamden is obsessed with transformers lately. He has an Ompitmus Prime costume from Halloween last year and he asks to wear it first thing when he wakes up. He wasn't into my room with the costume in his arms and asked for me to put his suit on and turn on his transformers show. I found an actual cartoon series yesterday on the HUB channel and he is thrilled. So last night after his bath he asked if he could put his suit on and wanted to sleep in it. I thought, what the heck, so I said ok. But when it was bedtime he argued with Optimus Prime doesn't sleep in a bed. So said, "fine, go to bed in your garage stall." When I went to go check on him, he had organized all of his transformers and had backed his legs up under his bed. I guess this is his "garage stall" I had to wait until he fell asleep to take a picture.

I freaking love this kid! He is at suck a fun age and I am amazed how good his imagination is and how smart he is. He never ceases to amaze me.




No comments:

Post a Comment