Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Its FINALLY done...well almost

It has only taken me 5 months to get Ashlyn into her new room. Since we bought our house, she has been sleeping in the room next to her because I wanted to take my time to make her room nice. This is what it looked like when we moved in.

It was obviously a teenage girls room before. The Twilight them just wasn't working for what I wanted to do. So about two months ago I finally primed the room, and then it sat and sat and sat. About two weeks ago I decided it was about time I got up some ambition to finish it. I didn't realize how much of a job I was taking on.

I took Ashlyn's pillow case to the store to match the paint and decided on my colors. I started off with the yellow paint and it turned out perfect. Next was the "purple" paint. When I started to paint the purple it looked a little too pinkish but I thought it would dry the color I wanted. Being the impatient person that I am I decided to paint the whole thing and then let it dry. BIG MISTAKE! Even when it dried it was totally the wrong color, not a bad color, just not the color I had invisioned. So my dilemma was to either A. return the pink color I had bought for the stripe on the border and make it purple instead, or B. repaint the whole room again.  I decided that I was just gonna repaint over the pink color I had just done, if I didn't I know it would have bothered me everytime I entered Ashlyn's room. So I went back to the paint store and bought more paint, and quickly repainted the room before my husband noticed and tried to stop me. (Sorry Dom if you're reading this hehe)
Next it was time to paint on the boarder. This is my absolute favorite part of the room, even though the polka dots aren't perfect, I still LOVE how it turned out. I have even thought of high jacking her room for me instead. :) This is how it turned out.




I stil have plenty more to do in there. I need to make her some new curtains, a bed skirt, get things up on the wall, and maybe repaint her toy box. But for now, this is how it will be.

2 comments: